Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
OK, so it's been a year.

On 2/10/2005, HOV was at $56.50

On 2/10/2006, HOV is at $44.62

Looks like it peaked at $70-something in July.

Yes, I was just noticing that it had been a year and you beat me to the punch. Haven't looked at their statements but you get to the crux of the situation with the stock price. I agree it was a good one to avoid, and the negative cash flow is what drove us both away. I don't mind the negative cash flow so much as the lack of an explanation for it.

CAT flowie does indeed move all around from as high as 10% to as low as 0% of below. And it appears to be seasonal somewhat, though I have to admit I haven't checked on it in some time. I suspect with CAT it has to do with their financing deals somehow.

As for HOV and the housing market, I agree with you again. I think the "burst" is largely overstated, but I wouldn't be surprised to see a growth decline. As long as the supply of houses is lower than the demand, prices will hold or go up. In California especially, due to regulations, supply has very little chance of ever meeting demand even as people leave the state for greener pastures.

So how about we meet here in yet another year to see how our rejected baby is doing?

dcanfiel
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.