Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
ok, thanks for that.

Conspiracy theory #1. I read on the website of Metrika, that Metrika was recently purchased by the pharma giant Bayer! as far as i can tell, Metrika had no other products and no biggies in the pipeline, so that says to me that Bayer went for Metrika based on their proprietary HbA1c instrument/test. So i believe that Bayer may be configuring availability and distribution to maximize profit. i don't know though, the web site i am trying to buy from says it is not fda approved for sale to other than physicians, but i know i have used some test kit which i bought at the drugstore. this all seems pretty squirrelly. even more so, the latest metrika instrument, at $109, will do 10 HbA1c tests before you throw it away. that's a big improvement on the single test units i used that were about what you said - $28/single test.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.