Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 2

OK thanks for these replies.
I found some areas fo concern while reading your posts and some info provided in the last annual report.

1.-Roche has a big controlling hand in this company, owning more than 50% of DNA. This may affect the price if they decide to dump the shares all at once and it may also affect the cash position of DNA as they are required to maintain Roche % of ownership by repurchasing stock in the face on any dilution....Scary thing.

2.-It also troubles me the fact that the revenue dirvers for the company Herceptin, Rituxan, Activase, and Gorwth Hormone most of them are under attack by the competition:

Rituxan=========> Corixa(Bexar), IDEC(Zevalin) have recent BLA for competing drugs in parenthesis)! Note this is the main revenue driver with almost $500M/year!

Growth Hormone ($200+M/year)====>they pint out 4 main competitor and some of them with new applications for their drugs! with a potential sudden decline on this area forecasted.

Activase===========>Centocor(Retavase)

This part does not look good.

Pipeline is great though most projects are shared so revenue will be shared as well....hum may be I need to wait to see what happens with Rituxan after competitors get approval.....

Also patent expiraton is ot an issue as the oldest patent dates 1997 which is likely to last for 10 years that is 2007!

May be DNA is a bit expensive for the risks at this time lets wait a bit.

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.