Skip to main content
Update
Non-financial boards have been closed.

Non-financial boards have been closed but will continue to be accessible in read-only form. If you're disappointed, we understand. Thank you for being an active participant in this community. We have more community features in development that we look forward to sharing soon.

Fool.com | The Motley Fool Community
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
OK, this board is fairly new to me. I'm going to start scrapbooking, and I was wondering what should I purchase first. I do have some themes in mind, such as fourth of july, and a family reunion. What scrapbooking kits do you all recommend, I have never done this before.

I have relatives who swear by Creative Memories, but they are being led by a single member who believes that God created credit cards so that people could enjoy life, if you follow me. (This older member keeps buying things for the other scrapbookers, all of whom are her grandchildren).

I'm not a scrapbooker, but I'm not sure you have to buy a kit. I think you can buy a piece here, something there, and so on, and make up your own work.

What I would suggest is going to the library and finding a book in the Craft section on scrapbooking. Warning: the craft section and the cooking section of libraries are always out of order. There is nothing the librarians can do except place an armed guard there, and that's expensive. You can also look on the internet. You'll pull up all sorts of different kinds of scrapbooks, done in different ways. You're just looking for ideas, suggestions, and so on.

If there's a really good craft store near you, browse in the Scrapbook section. The A.C. Moore place that's near me has four aisles of things to use - themes, books, paper cutters, stickers, stamps, pens, etc. The Craftmania place near my mother has two large aisles, plus other sections devoted to pens and rubber stamps.

Other people will probably have other advice, but I thought I'd suggest the 'pick and choose method.'

Sounds like fun. Will you be posting pictures of your work when you're finished?

Nancy
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.