Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
Ok:

Time for me to chime in! I am a former AMS employee. I invested my money in AMS stock for several years and watched it hover year after year in the mid-twenties. Occasionally it would hit low-thirties and then we would wait until market forces seemed to drop it back into the mid twenties yet again.

In my four years of investing in AMS stock I think I wound up with something like a 5% return on investment. Hmm.... I think a SP500 or most other index funds would have done significantly better over that time.

Although I do think that if you buy right now (or a few weeks ago when it was sub-$20) you may see a decent return on your investment.

As for your comments on "why any one listens to any of you is beyond me". Well, in keeping with the Foolish ideaology. You should definately form your own oppinion. I don't think we would have it any way. However, I would also ague that people who have worked at AMS in the past might have a little knowledge that is useful. Don't disregard relavent negative insights that disagree with your position as our "issue du jour" or scare tactics. Why should people listen to former AMSers..... hmmm.... perhaps we spent 24/7 working in the company an know something that you may not know from an annual report. In the same fold, why should other's listen to your "four bagger" expectations. Time will tell.

I hope that all your investments keep you smiling in the quarters to come, not just your AMS investments. I certainly know that a lot of my former co-workers hope that AMS will be the four bagger that you hope for.

As for my investments, I am still hestitant to place my money in AMS. Afterall, take a look at the stock track record. When has AMS been valued at the "four bagger" of $20. $80... I hope for your sake.

Fool On!

-Tourmalet
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.