Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 1
Okay Anne, for PXLW

http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=PXLW&d=c&k=c3&a=m26-12-9,r14,v&p=e50&t=3m&l=on&z=m&q=l

The buy signal from my system occurred on Nov. 14th. The stock was 3% over the 50 day ema, the 14th was the first day the MACD inched into positive territory, the volume was 1.68 million shares, which was slightly over 40% above the ADV, so I would have bought near the close on Nov 14th at $14.35 and entered a stop loss order at 12.63 (12%).

On Nov 19th when the stock closed at 15.84 (more than 10% above my purchase price), I would have raised my stop loss to 14.35 (my purchase price). Now after the stock gets 10% above, now I'm witing on it to get 15% above, when I start increasing my stop loss limits. 15% above my purchase price is 15.50, so when the stock hit 16.75 on nov. 27th, I would start raising my stop loss (14.74). On Dec 6 the stock hit 19, so at that time my stop loss would be 16.72. I would have been stopped out on Dec 10th at 16.72 (a 16.5% gain in less than a month, not great but not bad).

I would keep watching PXLW, and waiting for the RSI to move up, and the volume to break 40 above ADV for my reentry point. Now is not a buying opportunity.

Any Questions?

NukeJohn

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.