Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Okay gotcha. Welcome back in any event.
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 1
This is a new ID from an old fool, formerly retiredvermonter, with a new PC. Had to get a whole new everything.

Just out of curiosity why did you have to get a new ID? The reason I ask is I recently (about 3 or 4 months ago) got a new computer and I was able to log on to the Fool with my regular user name and password with no problem.

Perhaps you just got tired of the old user ID and just changed it. Who knows? Just curious.

Regards,

ImAGolfer
"Had to get a whole new everything.

Vermonter55 "

Everything?????????

Howie52
The mind boggles.
No. of Recommendations: 4
Witness Protection and whatnot

nag :-}
TBH, I don't know why, either, but, for some reason, this PC kept rejecting my efforts to connect to my former email, either! I finally surrendered, and here we are. Call me stupid. Or a coward. Or whatever you like. ;)

Vermonter
No. of Recommendations: 3
Witness Protection and whatnot

nag :-}

No doubt.

And some official who arranged it is smacking his head because, like many before him, the first thing vermonter did when he got his new id and paperwork was get in touch with his old friends and tell them what his new name is and how to get it touch with him. :-)

And so are the days of our lives.
"TBH, I don't know why, either, but, for some reason, this PC kept rejecting my efforts to connect to my former email, either! I finally surrendered, and here we are. Call me stupid. Or a coward. Or whatever you like. ;)

Vermonter "

Vermonter has a nice ring to it - and as long as youo are not too late for dinner
everything should turn out swell.

Howie52
Swell is a term you do not hear too much anymore.
Thanks, Howie.

I really am not an expert on the PC, so I was kind of stymied when the old one died. This was a lovely gift but it came with no instructions, so have had to stumble along on my own. Seems to be going okay now, though.

Peace.

Vermonter
No. of Recommendations: 2
Vermonter55 (aka retiredvermonter)

You might try reaching out to Customer Service to see if they can help you access your old name with all your old lucky charms.

https://www.fool.com/contact/customer-service/

If you want, I know someone who might be able to help if you want me to reach out to them.

Utahtea
Swell is a term you do not hear too much anymore.

Good thing. Because if you did, you'd know there was trouble, which starts with a T, and that rhymes with P, which stands for pool. Trouble, right here in River City.

Tim
Whose daughter was just in a performance of Music Man and who will undoubtedly have this song in his head for weeks yet.
"and who will undoubtedly have this song in his head for weeks yet. "

Good one indeed

I do need to watch my phraseology.

Howie52
utahtea:

Thanks for your kind offer. I'll consider it.

Vermonter
You should be able just to go to the login page, enter your old username/password and click the "forgot my password" link, and they'll send you a temporary password. The you can login and set your new password to whatever you like.

Did you try that already and it didn't work?
No. of Recommendations: 4
Part of this problem is that my initial login to Fool was years ago, with a different phone number that they now cannot use, and a different ISP, etc.

Another issue has been when they or anyone wants to send a "confirming 6-digit security number" by TEXT to our phone. Our phone is old and will not accept "text messages".

So, this was easiest. No big deal. AS Popeye would say "I yam what I yam." LOL!

Vermonter
Okay gotcha. Welcome back in any event.
Howie (and others):

I have truly enjoyed reading the various comments posted here! They vary so much! It's good to hear that most seem pleased with their choices. It is also obvious that some are "better off" financially than others, but have found that money isn't everything, even if it's good to have "enough".

We're still happy with our home, perched on this ridge in the mountains, even though it's been a cold Vermont winter. Today, the wind is howling and we're having snow flurries, but we're comfy and have food and water, so who cares?

I confess to recently finding out that I now must deal with AFib (atrial fibrillation), but medications seem to be assisting me and it is causing me no discomfort. C'est la vie!

Keep on truckin', y'all!

Vermonter55 (formerly retiredvermonter)
Is 55 the year you were born? I picture you older than 55....
StockGoddess:

LOL! Dear me, no. Just grabbed that out of the blue.

I was born WAAAAAAAY before 1955! ;)

Vermonter
"StockGoddess:

LOL! Dear me, no. Just grabbed that out of the blue.

I was born WAAAAAAAY before 1955! ;)

Vermonter "

You do know that she did not say 1955.
Just 55.
Now we all know the odds of your being born back in the 1800s are not high.
But just saying - 1955 is not extraordinarily old and the implied complement may
have been somewhat left-handed.

Howie52
There are always multiple ways of interpreting posts. Assuming the best is not a bad idea.
But it remains an assumption - until clarified.