Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
Okay - here is a "guaranteed" prediction. At least one (probably more) of the Ten Stocks that Rule the World in ten years is a name we have never heard of. It is currently selling at $1.50 on an obscure exchange. An investment of $1000 now and you will be a millionaire in ten years! --- Of course, I don't know which one of the thousands of alternatives it is. Sure wish I did!!
Don

-------------------------------------------------------

For my girlfriend's sake, I hope it is LITH, trading at around $1.50/share.

She will not let me sell it, ever since I told her she could have 1/2 the profits it makes over the original investment.

It is a small position, bought on an inaccurate newswire from the company. A retraction was made the next day, saying basically "whoever made this wire and said he was our CEO, really was not....He does not even work for us....Whoops....Sorry 'bout that."

Man, I was POed about that.
But it taught me a lesson about researching my investments BEFORE buying them.

(not quite as dramatic as the guy who lost everything on margin in CRA, but if you all want to give me 10 million recommendations, that is fine by me!)

Callante (LITH = next CSCO???????)
>>>>>Fingers crossed!<<<<<<
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.