Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
Okay, I was coming down North Street right downtown. I have a stop. She didn't. I was making a left on College Ave. College Ave is right by the State House.

I live downtown and I know that the area is pretty pedestrian. Especially now with the legislation in session. So I'm pretty careful. When I stopped at my sign, I looked around. And like I said, I saw no-one except one person coming down the opposite side of North St (I'm guessing it's still North St). When I made a left turn, I heard a honking sound, so I braked. That's when the accident happened.

No skid marks. No airbags. I was going no faster than 15 miles an hour because I was coming from a complete stop.

To tell you the truth, I was pretty confused when it happened. I couldn't understand because I saw no-one on North St. I can't prove that she was going faster than 25miles an hour, but I did hear a screeching sound and it sure didn't come from me. If she was going 25miles an hour like she claimed, there should not have been an accident ... and definitely no screeching sound.
One other person saw the accident, but she didn't care to stop.

Between the two cars, there's about $1600 worth of damage.

My insurance company pretty much said that I will be probably be held liable in default. Especially because I can't prove that she was going faster than 25miles an hour. But it maddens me that she stated that I ran a stop sign. That's a flat out lie and by making that statement, she's committing insurance fraud.

Uggghhh ... this is just ugly.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.