Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
Okay Ken, let's see if I understand your postion correctly:

If people don't think they can be good parents, they have the RIGHT to terminate the pregnancy (What I call killing a baby).

You don't think there are enough adoptive parents out there so why not let some people choose to terminate the surplus early (What I call killing a baby).
You assert that because I disagree, that ends my right to a moral position ("Don't have an abortion")(What I call moral relativism).

You assert that some potential parents can demonstrate their responsibility by terminating a potential child and thereby show their fiscal prudence (What I call irresponsible).

Okay Ken, here's my position. All people, once created by any means, have the right to be born and live, regardless of manner of conception, potential economic prospects, potential future health care, potential future disabilities, potential future ANYTHING.

If their numbers can be reduced by early abortions, if that's the egg donors'decisions, sobeit.

"I think that all pro abortion supporter's should be aborted." I don't, but how arbitrary is that? Your position is just as arbitrary.

Its apples and oranges. First, we all die, or hadn't you noticed? Second, do I advocate genocide? No.

It's not apples and oranges. The only difference, IMO, is the age of the person that is being terminated. You assert that if the parents determine that the fetus will not have the best life, then canx it early. What's the difference between that and the determination that all those sick, poor, starving children out there in the rest of the world don't have a shot at the best life and so should be canxed as well? Think about it. The only difference is age. Why does one group have a right to live and the other doesn't? You can come to the same conclusions about their futures but can legally only kill one of the two. Why not both?

-spookysquid
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.