Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
Okay, so I'm about nine years late in replying. (I stumbled across this thread while searching for another thread about kosher wine.)

The bartender was doubly wrong. There's nothing inherently unkosher about martinis. And vermouth comes in both kosher and non-kosher varieties, just like wine.

There are special kosher rules for wine (grape juice, too). And since Vermouth is made from wine, kosher vermouth can only be made from kosher wine.

Not being a vermouth drinker, I don't know how easy it is to come by kosher vermouth in the US, but I've read that many kosher brands of Vermouth are available in Israel. Los of kosher Israeli wine is exported into the US, so it seems likely that at least some kosher Vermouth is as well.

List of kosher vermouths: http://chowhound.chow.com/topics/356617?tag=highlight-353213...
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.