Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
...that they deposited their paycheck into savings/MM and twice a month made transfers to checking to pay their bills? I think the post was on this board, CC or LBYM. (I knew I should have asked my question back when I read that post, but being the procrastinator that I am, I didn't, and now I can't find it!) I'll appreciate anyone's input on this matter.

I would love to do what that poster is doing, but can't figure out how to get started. Yes, I know what my monthly bills are; however, we've got to work on our other spending, and I think that if I'd keep more of the money out of sight (out of checking) then we'd do better.

So, please tell me how you initally set this up. Did you have in savings more than a months worth of income to begin with? What do you do about daily/weekly expenses that you may need cash/check on hand (groceries/gas/lunch)? Do you go to an envelope type system? Or do you you leave that cash in checking?

I'm certain it is simple as can be, but, for some reason, I'm just not able to think it through right now.

By the way, thanks to everyone on these boards. I've gained a LOT of knowledge here and we are better off financially than we've been in many, many years!

wlr35
Print the post  

Announcements

TMF Credit Center
The Motley Fool Credit Center arms you with real tools and simple messages, that will help you in every credit situation.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.