No. of Recommendations: 0
Greetings--

Is there a discussion board that can help me? The remote for my old MGA TV (pre 1990) has seen its last days. The TV itself still runs well. I purchased a new RCA universal remote but was unable to program it with the recommended codes.

Just trying to be frugal!

Norm
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 1
Greetings--

Is there a discussion board that can help me? The remote for my old MGA TV (pre 1990) has seen its last days. The TV itself still runs well. I purchased a new RCA universal remote but was unable to program it with the recommended codes.

Norm

Go to www.remotecentral.com

UKBB
No. of Recommendations: 3
<<Greetings--

Norm >>

When I explain to my nephews how deprived his father and I were as children, I like to illustrate this by pointing out that we actually had to GET UP AND CHANGE THE CHANNELS OURSELVES! That never fails to impress them. I also explain that it was a black and white television, but I don't think they've ever seen one of those.

Seattle Pioneer --- charter member of the Mickey Mouse Club beginning in 1842
No. of Recommendations: 6
When I explain to my nephews how deprived his father and I were as children, I like to illustrate this by pointing out that we actually had to GET UP AND CHANGE THE CHANNELS OURSELVES! ...it was a black and white television

"Gee, Unkie Seattle, I suppose next you're going to tell us that you had to make your car windows go up by hand, too."
No. of Recommendations: 7
Dear Seattle --

I am not sure I understand the full meaning of your reply but sense that somehow you found my request for information on a new remote offensive. For this I apologize for it was not my intent.

It had been suggested to me that I try the LBYM board. To become the focus of some type of object lesson surprised me -- is there something inherently wrong in using a remote control to operate a TV? Or in wanting to prolong the usefulness of an old unit?

Our forefathers crossed the country by horse and wagon -- does that mean we should do so today? Lincoln read by candlelight, my mother washed our clothes by hand. I truly do not understand where you are coming from and again regret my transgressions.

Maybe I have confused living below your means with living in the past!

Norm