Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 11
Charlie: Hi Everyone, my name is Charlie.

Group: Hi Charlie!

Charlie: I am an Olmypics-o-holic!

<The group golf claps>

Charlie: Every two years I am glued to a TV for 16 days, watching either the Summer or the Winter Olympics. I find myself watching sports like archery, gymnastics, skiing, and <sob> curling.

Group: <gasp>

Charlie: One time, my partner and I went to Barcelona, and I insisted we go to the Olympic Stadium, so I could see it. He thought I was nuts when I asked to go down on the field with a flaming bow and arrow to light the Olympic Cauldron.

Group: OH NO!

Charlie: I get up early on weekdays to see the hijinks that Katie, Matt and Al will do. I even watch Jim Lampley, and I can't stand him.

Group Member: It's ok Charlie. We've been there.

Charlie: <sniff> I know...I know. My friends wonder what has happened to me. I tell them they need to understand, what happens to Paul Hamm is vitally important to me. They look at me with pity. I keep thinking if they could just watch for a week with me, they'd understand. It's gotten so bad, that when I take my morning walk, I have the Olmypics theme music in my head. Oh my!

Group Member: Charlie, you will be ok. Sure you'll go through withdrawl after the Olmypic cauldron goes out, but hang in there. We are there for you.

Charlie: You know, in October the World Swimming Championships are in Indianapoils. Maybe I could go and cheer on Michael Phelps.

Group Member: Oh Charlie, you need to ease yourself away from the sports. It'll be ok.

Charlie: <sniff> Maybe you're right.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.