Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 11
Charlie: Hi Everyone, my name is Charlie.

Group: Hi Charlie!

Charlie: I am an Olmypics-o-holic!

<The group golf claps>

Charlie: Every two years I am glued to a TV for 16 days, watching either the Summer or the Winter Olympics. I find myself watching sports like archery, gymnastics, skiing, and <sob> curling.

Group: <gasp>

Charlie: One time, my partner and I went to Barcelona, and I insisted we go to the Olympic Stadium, so I could see it. He thought I was nuts when I asked to go down on the field with a flaming bow and arrow to light the Olympic Cauldron.

Group: OH NO!

Charlie: I get up early on weekdays to see the hijinks that Katie, Matt and Al will do. I even watch Jim Lampley, and I can't stand him.

Group Member: It's ok Charlie. We've been there.

Charlie: <sniff> I know...I know. My friends wonder what has happened to me. I tell them they need to understand, what happens to Paul Hamm is vitally important to me. They look at me with pity. I keep thinking if they could just watch for a week with me, they'd understand. It's gotten so bad, that when I take my morning walk, I have the Olmypics theme music in my head. Oh my!

Group Member: Charlie, you will be ok. Sure you'll go through withdrawl after the Olmypic cauldron goes out, but hang in there. We are there for you.

Charlie: You know, in October the World Swimming Championships are in Indianapoils. Maybe I could go and cheer on Michael Phelps.

Group Member: Oh Charlie, you need to ease yourself away from the sports. It'll be ok.

Charlie: <sniff> Maybe you're right.
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 1
Indianapolis is only a 2 1/2 hour trip for you, Charlie. To be able to see Michael Phelps and the rest of the Speedo clad teams sounds like great therapy to me :)
No. of Recommendations: 0
Indianapolis is only a 2 1/2 hour trip for you, Charlie. To be able to see Michael Phelps and the rest of the Speedo clad teams sounds like great therapy to me :)

She's right, Charlie, it's not good to go cold turkey off of all that skin and muscle...:-)

--Booa (wish I were 2.5 hours away from somewhere Phelps was going to be in the flesh in his Speedo)