Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Omega 6 or Omega 3 oils (I forget which).

Omega-3 polyunsaturated oil.

follow the money ... You can obtain them easily in liquid or capsule form at a Natural Foods grocer in your area

Talk about following the money!! Flaxseed oil is expensive and is best kept in the freezer [triply-unsaturated omega-3 oils are extremely vulnerable to oxidation AKA going rancid].

My solution: an ounce (1/8 cup, or a coffee measure) of flax seeds in my carbohydrate-bomb oat-bran breakfast [1/8 cup oats, 1/3 cup TVP, 1/4 cup sunflower seeds, 1/8 cup flax seeds, 1/3 cup oat bran, 1 heaping teaspoon (5 g.) spirulina($$), 1 tsp molasses, and enough aspartame to stone a horse]. With luck, this breakfast can be eaten in two shifts, thus delaying the onset of first lunch for an additional 2-4 hours.

The thing that shocks me: the high carb content of oat bran. i was under the delusion that the stuff is mostly fiber; it's not. But it keep things moving more peacefully than wheat bran, it's more flavourful, and it likely reduces cholesterol.

cassandra

/**/
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.