No. of Recommendations: 1
I am in the process of "consolidating" retirement plans and funds. My wife and I have both had several employers over the past few years and I want to make our retirement accounts easier to manage. I have been working for a large bank (in the top 10) for several years and it makes sense to consolidate here. I moved my 401Ks into a Self-Directed IRA where I can manage the funds. I have started doing the same with my wife's, but one of her retirements funds is in TIAA-CREFF and is an annuity.

Any advice or knowledge on how do deal with this one? Is there a certain maturity date or a minimum holding period before I can withdraw out of an annuity? I think that I can make better returns in an IRA even if I go conservative. We are looking at another 20 years of investing this money, since we are both in our early 40s.

Thanks for the help,

G Wayne
Print the post  

Announcements

The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.