Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1

On Monday when I was checking out for a delivery, there were two additional options:

* $14.95 for unlimited deliveries for the next month
* $98 for unlimited deliveries for the next year

So, a variation on Amazon Prime.

Since I typically only do an order every other month or so, neither option was of any immediate interest to me. However, after thinking about it, I could see myself going to the annual fee and then doing an order every week or two, just to get fresh items regularly or to restock things short-term instead of long-term.

What's interesting is, if you live in an area without grocery stores, or you have no car, or you live in a small space, or you're dealing with a health issue that makes it hard to do groceries on your own, or... all kinds of other constraints, this could be a really, really good deal. Groceries, including anything with short shelf life and/or ongoing consumption, are different from the usual Prime items (or at least my usual prime items, which can be anything from model car parts to books to plumbing supplies to socks and children's clothing to computer upgrades-- things ordered irregularly and at need, mostly in ones and twos).

I could even see neighbors pooling deliveries in some places-- order costco-style quantities of stuff, deliver to a common point, and distribute.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.