Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 1
On my computer, I can click on "Replies to Your Posts" and view all the replies. It has always worked for me. I'm using Chrome on a Windows 10 laptop.

PSU
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
Do you mean "Replies to Your Posts"? If so, you can find a reliable/working button here: https://boards.fool.com/YourPosts.asp
I don't think the "Email this Reply" is working either.

AC *always emails myself too and haven't received a reply or my copy in ages*
AC *always emails myself too and haven't received a reply or my copy in ages*

Check your spam folder, your copies might be there. Sending email in your name to yourself from an address other than your own can get it mis-classified.

I only email myself when I have also chosen the option to email the reply rather that post to the boards. It works for me.
No. of Recommendations: 2
Check your spam folder, your copies might be there. Sending email in your name to yourself from an address other than your own can get it mis-classified.

Nope.

AC *checked spam, junk, and tested with another email address*
The replies to your posts function works fine unless you click "view replies" which for some reason marks all replies as read.
I don't think the "Email this Reply" is working either.

AC *always emails myself too and haven't

~~~

Mine has worked since I was reinstated, over a decade ago. Heck, maybe someone is "watching me" and not you?

Um, "always"? I hope not. Yea, abuse and your privileges can be cut.

You don't always "need to know".
Remember TMF 10+ years ago? 15? 20+?
Remember the "hayday"?
Yea, things can be set-it-n-forget-it. TMF if totally custom. This is not PHP.
Also, can't discount your ISP or any of a number of other variables/unknowns...

ww.speculatingofcourse.geeky.pl/butthewordALWAYSistelling/th...
"Do you mean "Replies to Your Posts"? If so, you can find a reliable/working button here: https://boards.fool.com/YourPosts.asp"

*****************************************************************************************

You once could actually hit the "View replies" button there and see the replies.
Convenient when looking at replies to boards one does not frequent frequently.

the view replies button has not worked for a long long long time.
the view replies button has not worked for a long long long time.

~~~

No clue why, the link has always worked for me. BTW, W7/Chrome... same machine for about the last 10 years.
I'm on a Galaxy S10. Android.
Using either Brave browser or Chrome browser, and the "view replies" works as advertised.

It shows all of the replies at once, sort of like viewing a Whole Thread, and all of them are marked "read" afterward - NOT like the "Whole thread" which does not mark them as "read". If you reply to one, then it's hard to get back to any that you've not read/replied.

The work around is to right click the mouse (or press and hold) the "post reply" button and select "open in new tab".
Write your reply there, then go back to the first screen for the next entry.

😷
ralph
I'm on a Galaxy S10. Android.

~~~

So, that's NOT a (real) "computer" and doesn't act the same on TMF. I suspect, there's your problem.

Are you using an app? ...or are you surfing thru a browser?
<ok, looks like there is a "Motley Fool Mobile" app for droid...>
Oops, sorry Ralph. Didn't read thru the whole post. I see what you're saying. I suspect some are using a phone and not (exactly) knowing how things work.
On my computer, I can click on "Replies to Your Posts" and view all the replies. It has always worked for me. I'm using Chrome on a Windows 10 laptop.

PSU
I am using a Firefox browser on a laptop computer and when I click "View Replies" all the replies are marked as read and disappear without taking me to the replies.

Mark
" I am using a Firefox browser on a laptop computer and when I click "View Replies" all the replies are marked as read and disappear without taking me to the replies.

Mark"

Once upon a time, the "view Replies" button actually allowed you to view them.
This was in the "long ago" time.

Howie52
I do not know what was changed or why - but I suspect that we live in the best of all possible
worlds and that it cannot possibly get any better.

I blame entropy.
Once upon a time, the "view Replies" button actually allowed you to view them.
This was in the "long ago" time.

This topic comes up from time to time and it apparently goes over my head.
I don't see a "view Replies" button. Where is it?

I see the "Replies to your posts" tab which Poodlelover referred to, and it works fine for me and I can see a list of replies to my posts.
I assume this "view replies" button that no longer works is something else?
I don't see a "view Replies" button. Where is it?

Never mind. After years of reading about this problem I understand.
Once you go to the "replies to your posts" tab you can click on the "view replies" link and actually see the replies.
And after you've read them by clicking on that link they no longer show up under the "replies to your posts" tab.
I understand what folks are talking about now.
I don't remember it working any other way, I thought it was a feature, not a flaw :-)

But at least now I know what people are talking about.
Yea, after you read the message, it goes away on the "Replies to Your Posts". Make sense to this geek. Does not "go away", in it's current location...
"I don't see a "view Replies" button. Where is it?

Never mind. After years of reading about this problem I understand.
Once you go to the "replies to your posts" tab you can click on the "view replies" link and actually see the replies.
And after you've read them by clicking on that link they no longer show up under the "replies to your posts" tab.
I understand what folks are talking about now.
I don't remember it working any other way, I thought it was a feature, not a flaw :-)

But at least now I know what people are talking about. "

*************************************************************************************

The "view replies" button no longer takes you to the reply - whether you have read the reply or not.
You can view the list of posts that have been replied to - but then to read the reply you have to
go to that board where the post was made and look for all the thread posts following your post.

i.e. the button does not function.
I know other posters have the same problem - and folks who are uncureable optimists bring up the
subject every couple of years.

Howie52
Looking at the brighter side of life.
The "view replies" button no longer takes you to the reply - whether you have read the reply or not.
You can view the list of posts that have been replied to - but then to read the reply you have to
go to that board where the post was made and look for all the thread posts following your post.

I'm sure the problem is on the subscriber end. It may be a TMF issue, but it is on the user's computer where the problem is happening.

Like others, when I'm at my desktop computer and go through the intended routine to read a reply, I get a message saying there are no replies. However, when I do the same thing on my iPhone, it works just fine. For a while, I had the problem only on my office computer but not my home computer. Now both have the problem.

It may be a browser issue (I use Firefox at home and work, but Safari on my phone). It may be a cookie issue. It may be that TMF is using a mobile and desktop versions of their site (although I doubt that).

[brief pause]

I just fired up Internet Explorer (yes, I'm using an older version of windows that still has it). I logged in to TMF. I was able to read a reply there just fine - on the same computer where FireFox failed to read replies correctly. So it sounds like its either an issue with FireFox, or an issue with cookies. However, I have tried clearing all cookies associated with fool.com a while ago and that didn't help. Maybe I'll try again.

It would be good to know if someone is using the latest version of FireFox and NOT experiencing this issue.

--Peter

Interesting, it still takes you to the replies on my computers.

I click on the "Replies to your posts" tab and I see a page that has a list of subject lines of threads that I have posted in.

I click on the subject link and I see my post.

But there is also a column indicating how many replies there are, (or at least replies that I haven't accessed from this page before). On the far right there is a link, "View Replies."

If I click on that, all of the replies are there on a single page. I don't have to go look for them.
I don't know why it is different for you and apparently some other.
I wonder if it has something to do with some computer setting or cookies or something, but I don't know.

But the "view replies" link still actually does what it indicates it should.

~~~

Where do you see this button? I do not have this button anywhere, I've seen, on TMF.
Where do you see this button?

Under Favorites and Replies > Replies to Your Posts. It's the 'button' to the right along the list.

AC *still seeing it for the time being*
Under Favorites and Replies > Replies to Your Posts. It's the 'button' to the right along the list.

~~~

That's not what Howie said it was... and I quote: "The "view replies" button no longer takes you to the reply"... So, where is the "view replies" button?
That's not what Howie said it was... and I quote: "The "view replies" button no longer takes you to the reply"... So, where is the "view replies" button?

~~~

OK, found it. Sorry guys/gals (AC & Howie52 included)... took me a min.
That button has always worked for me. Never had any issues.

I do suspect that much of the problems people are having here, have to do with them surfing on a phone or something to do with W10. So many variables and "unknowns" that TMF coders can't cover it all. (my suspicion)
No. of Recommendations: 2
https://boards.fool.com/YourPosts.asp

The right-most column, for anyone else wondering.