Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 2
anybody follow it?

mostly credit based management with majority of stuff in long-term closed funds

The one you thing you don't question is their fee gathering ability - +24b inflows in last 12m (not all organic but most is) and you get the feeling they could get more if they wanted. But most of the recent inflows have not translated into fee generating assets which is management's choice. But when they do, these are the highest fee areas.

But the valuation? The market value seems to be around 8300
(154 x current stock price). The BS has a bit more in cash than debt but they have a huge investment balance in their own funds so the EV seems a lot less.

Earnings
ah.....
ah.....
ah.....
none of it makes sense (to me)
the last 12 months of 'distributions' are $2.32 (roughly 4) but that doesn't seem to mean much

You could do some sort of AUM/EV estimate which makes it seem expensive but not really given that fee rates are equity like, assets are stickier, and assets are long-term.

but it is hard. i'm just not sure here.

Anybody with a better analysis? I've looked at some sell-side research and it isn't helpful.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.