Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 2
On the contrary, Poz, it is a very good idea to double-check this sort of thing if there is any confusion. Perhaps even when there isn't confusion, but it isn't something you deal with all the time. I know I was plenty confused about enough things when my wife passed last year.

In any case, my understanding is that whatever happens inside the ROTH has no impact on anything that happens outside.
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
Please disregard the question I posed, I'm less tired and thinking a bit more confident about my understanding of the tax code as it pertains to my situation, no need to take time to hold the hand of a guy asking stupid questions.

Poz
No. of Recommendations: 2
On the contrary, Poz, it is a very good idea to double-check this sort of thing if there is any confusion. Perhaps even when there isn't confusion, but it isn't something you deal with all the time. I know I was plenty confused about enough things when my wife passed last year.

In any case, my understanding is that whatever happens inside the ROTH has no impact on anything that happens outside.
No. of Recommendations: 3
It isn't a stupid question. As long as the sale of an asset is at a profit there is no problem with sale and repurchase between non-tax advantaged and tax advantaged accounts.

A problem occurs when there is a loss in a non-tax advantaged and the same asset is repurchased in a tax-advantaged account within the wash sale windows.