Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 3
On the other hand, you'll be gone and why should you care how he spends it? It's his life... - Wyomingtim

------------------------

True, but in the period between setting up my estate plan and the time I die, I will have the knowledge that I passed up a lot of things in life that I would have enjoyed with the result being him p..sing it away. In other words, if I wanted it pissed away, I would have done it myself. I would have that to think about for the next fifteen or twenty tears.

But I realize that sort of thinking is what is causing the indecision I now wrestle with. Thanks to all who provided ideas and personal experiences. I will read this thread again and maybe a few times more as I contemplate a course of action which will be least stressful.

Concerning seeing an estate planning attorney: I always knew this would be necessary to draw up and make legal a general plan I already have developed. Would it be productive to go to one with all the loose ends and unresolved issues I have expressed here. The issues I have are more philosophical than legal.
Print the post  

Announcements

The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.