Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 1
Here is something remarkable- I have a dilemma that is related to money!

Every month I get a USPS money order for my Hillbilly Delaware™ property. I went to HD last month to consult with an attorney over some long term issues, and returned back to PA last Wednesday afternoon.

My long suffering house guy picked up my mail. The Feb rent money order was there. I remember saying something about it, and I took it to my bedroom.

Last week.

So I go back and forth to school, and to work all weekend , and today I talk to my MIL who has taken over the job of my late husband of asking for $$. I told her I had an uncashed check and could bring some $$ over Monday when I get my son. I have had money from work, and my new Electric Orange acct with ING, so I never bothered going to the ATM.

The envelope is gone. I have to go away to student teach this week, and the full moon is coming near. I feel like I am ready to burst out of my skin, and since I had to spend all day looking for this #%%%! money order, I did not avail myself of the stress reducing weight lifting workout.

Now what is involved with getting the USPS to reissue a money order? I am going to send out a letter to the tenant in the AM, and be honest that I lost the envelope.

This is having a damper on my normally cheerful mood. This is hundreds of dollars.. important for poor grrls like me.

Any one do anyting dumb like this before? How long is the USPS investigation process?

wild :)
will never let money sit again!
Print the post  

Announcements

UGC Disclosure Notice Regarding Credit Card Posts
Community board discussions about credit cards are not provided or commissioned by banks who may have advertising relationships with The Motley Fool. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.
TMF Credit Center
The Motley Fool Credit Center arms you with real tools and simple messages, that will help you in every credit situation.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.