Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 2
Once again XM has strategically paired up with the three largest names in car audio...Pioneer, Sony and Alpine. Sony is the only one that makes an XM unit for the home. While Sirius is mainly focusing on the auto market XM see that the service will go far beyond just cars.

wicked,

I am just beginning on this board after reading a link to it by Hoffer.

I have to say I disagree with this for a good reason. Every home has a hook up to the internet either by phone line, adsl, or cable modem, so all radio stations accross the country can be channelled into every home for free and still have advertising to foot the bill. I should include satellite for the home as well in this. But the services for car are a different animal. If people are as willing to pay for this service as you and I believe than for the car it will be successful hopefully, but these same customers can get even more for free elsewhere for the home or office. Also other satellite companies can broadcast to businesses creating a damaging competition for SIRI and XM. The car radio and the satellite radio for the business are going to compete, but the business more often will be hardwired so satellite car radios will not be the general business model for stationary receivers.

JMO...

db
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.