Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 4
Once or twice a year I get together with my college buddies, and we go to a concert together. Usually it is a tired old band, long since out of their glory years. Then again, me and my buddies are also tired, old and haven't seen the glory years in a long time. We usually stay at someone's house, take the train into the city so we can drink a bit too much and not drive, and generally act like we're 20 years old again. But it only happens once or twice a year.

Our wives are forgiving, because it is infrequent. To be honest though, we don't want to give up that much time away from our spouses, or nursing a hangover in their presence. Hence the limited frequency. I am in no position to judge you, and you certainly don't want my judgement anyway. But given the question, I would only say that its clear that your wife wants to spend time with you, and your games are cutting into that time.

For us, we value our long-time friendships - we've known each other since high school and college, Way longer than we've known our spouses. But times have changed, and we realize that nurturing our relationship with the wives is far more important that anything else. We've worked out a compromise, and somehow it works for us. Given your posting history, you appear to be a sensitive and easy-going person. Somehow I think you'll work this out in such a way to maintain both your external friendships, and harmony at home.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.