Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
One can go ROTC and get school paid for. I was an Air Force ROTC finalist, having to go to Paris for my interview since I was in France at the time. After talking with the Colonel I realized I never had been good at taking orders and thanked him for his time but asked him to take my name off the list.

Yes, it does seem to be a national trait and is part of the COVID response problem?

I often wonder if it is true when they often say "I have a constitutional right ...." <fill in the rest>, surely the constitution writers must have known something about pandemics back then?

Generally while following orders is certainly a part of being in the military at a certain point those giving the orders and those receiving the orders develop a respect for each other's professionalism and it is treated as such. Clearly that wouldn't work in a drafted military.

I could tell you a lot of rather hilarious stories on the subject but it is past my bedtime on the far east coast.

Anymouse <back when people would lie about having a gun in the car at the border it was an automatic $2000 fine and banned from Canada for life>

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/coronavirus-pair-of-am...

Coronavirus: Pair of Americans in Ontario fined, charged under Quarantine Act

Diana Foxall 7 hrs ago

Two Minnesota residents are facing charges after allegedly breaching Canada's federal Quarantine Act in place to curb the spread of the novel coronavirus.

Ontario Provincial Police said 66-year-old David Sippell and 65-year-old Anne Sippell entered the country via the Fort Frances crossing on June 24.
Print the post  

Announcements

This is a Politics Free Board
Politically charged posts are not permitted on the Metar Board. If you make a political post, and it is alerted, the post will be removed. Thanks!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.