Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 33
Had dinner with my wife’s brother this weekend. He runs his own small Title company and has various vendor/clients throughout the North Dallas area. He told us an extremely disturbing incident regarding a loan officer that he does business with.

BIL is conservative but he keeps politics to himself during business hours for obvious reasons. This loan officer is black and a huge Obama supporter. During a phone conversation last week, the LO brought up the election and was increasingly getting more and more belligerent as they talked about different campaign issues. The LO kept pressing my BIL for who he was supporting. BIL refused to offer any specifics and kept it professional.

This is where it gets nutty. The LO is a white collar professional. So you would just not expect this kind of behavior from him regardless of race. But read this and be mystified.

LO says point blank to BIL. "If Obama loses the election, I’m going to go buy a gun and shoot the 1st MF white person I see. In fact, if he is with his family, I’m going to shoot them too.”

BIL says, “now wait a minute. You are telling me that if I was the 1st white person you saw on Nov 7, you would shoot me, my wife and my 4 sons”? At this point the LO has become totally emotional and irrational and says, ‘F’ing yes! There are a lot of us black people that feel that way. There will be rioting and killing. White people will get what’s coming to them. The slavery thing hurts man…it really hurts. We just can’t get over it.”.

At this point BIL stops him and says, “look, I come from German/Mexican immigrants and I never owned a slave. You never were a slave and most likely, neither were the last previous 4 or 5 generations. So get over it!’

The LO backtracks a bit and says “well…it’s the racism thing…..All whites are racist’. BIL stops and says, ‘but they voted him in 2008’?

LO is peppering his speech with ‘F’ words and getting into an Ebonics like tone that BIL had never heard from him before. BIL tells him that the business relationship is over and he will not be sending business to him again with these kind of violent tendencies. The LO has called him half a dozen times since then but BIL will not answer it.

Crazy!

Decath
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.