Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
CNS Inc. said a federal regulatory antitrust waiting period expired for GlaxoSmithKline's $566 million buyout of the Breathe Right nasal strip and FiberChoice fiber supplement maker. The waiting period under the Hart-Scott-Rodino Antitrust Improvements Act of 1976 expired at Midnight, Nov. 20. On Oct. 9, Britain-based GlaxoSmithKline announced plans to buy CNS for $37.50 per share in cash.

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/061121/glaxosmithkline_cns.html?.v=2

Fuskie
Who received his proxy materials for the December 19th special meeting to approve the merger, but has not read through it yet...
Print the post Back To Top
Fuskie

I agree. One hurdle down. I voted and shipped off my proxy this morning. Let's get this past us and move on to the next big investment.

DHeavy
I am having too much fun reading the proxy statement.

Fuskie
Who finds it a fascinating read...
No. of Recommendations: 1
It should be pointed out,as the cover page states, that a failure to return the proxy is treated as equivalent to a vote against the merger. IOW vote yes and return proxies.
Great point. Fill it out and send it in.

DHeavy
No. of Recommendations: 3
You may also want to vote no for the second item to entertain additional business.

Fuskie
Who notes that someone could try to force a postponement of the merger approval...
You may also want to vote no for the second item to entertain additional business
I noticed that too, and found it risky and bothersome. I wondered why the board recommended a yes vote for #2 as it was written.
No. of Recommendations: 2
The additional business item is almost always a standard item in proxies. I believe it to be harmless, but the cynic in all of us might believe it to be a way to sneak something nasty in.

Another point I would like to make: you can vote online, it's easier. Mine was done at "www.proxyvote.com". You go to the site, fill in the control number on your ballot, select the method by which you received your ballot, and then vote away.

Best to all,

Kurt