Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
One might point out that frozen windows and door handles are not just a Tesla problem. Where I live we have freezing rain or melt and refreeze snow a couple of times a year and access to the interior my outside parked Corolla can be very difficult.
Note that this problem requires both liquid water and freezing temps in the right order not the simple and incorrect Model 3 has doors and door handles that don’t work in freezing temperatures described in the SA link.
Commercial products to melt the ice (usually based on methyl alcohol) are available or you can cheaply make your own using rubbing alcohol.
Seems like Model 3 door handles might need a redesign, they get lots of criticism. I really like the cool retracting doorhandles on my model S even though from a purely rational standpoint I must admit they are just something extra to go wrong.
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.