Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Welcome back to the Old Apple. Bring out new products and then don't deliver. Is Apple trying to lose its recently found returning customers. I've been waiting TWO MONTHS for a G4/450 (M7632LL/A)and according to my reseller the delivery can't be specified. It's a rolling and moving target. At first I thought it was my reseller trying to make a few extra dollars with the new repricing, by trying to get me to cancel and reorder. But checking with ten other resellers I have received a uniform reply... Apple has not shipped ANY G4/450 (except for special configurations), new or old price. This leads me to the conclusion that it is Apple that is trying to get customers like me to void orders at the old prices. G4/400 AGP devices have been shipping, at the new pricing, yet Apple seems to feel no pressure to honour the commitments made to its G4/450 customers (i.e. resellers and theircustomers to deliver).
Does Apple really think that we can believe their promises to honor these initial orders. Maybe Motorola has difficulties, but certainly a manufacturing run of 450 chips can be directed to meet obligations. Or, has Apple been swept up by its stock runup and thinking
that this issue will disappear.
Think back Apple, when you were on top of this same hill and your strategies brought you down. History tailgates, and there is something to the adage of
Print the post  

Announcements

Live Video Event Monday!
The GP team is hosting a live video event on Monday at 4 p.m. ET. Don't worry if you can't make it — we'll have a replay and a transcript. Click for more!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.