No. of Recommendations: 3
One of the reasons for calling back here is to pick up messages from the answering machine. Kinda rules Skype out. I will use Skype to call my Italian friend (He pronounces it Sky-Pe'). Calls from customers may need answers.

You can make regular calls via Skype but it's not free. IIRC, $5 will get you enough minutes for checking messages, etc.

I found out my Samsung C3050 phone is Quad (4 bands). I think this means I can pick up a SIM card in Europe and it will work.
http://www.phonearena.com/phones/Samsung-C3050_id3513

Still appreciate any suggestions. One guy at T-Mobile said it will work as it, with roaming charges. I dunno. Another person at a different T-Mobile store said I need to sign up for a different plan. I suspect T-Mobile doesn't get the top of the class as employees in their stores.

Count No'Count

You should be able to get a sim card for your phone but you just need to make sure it's unlocked first. Generally you can get a card for around $20 once you arrive in Europr. That has nothing to do with your TMobile plan though as you will not be using their service if you have a different sim card.

-Steph
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.