Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
One respondent is a big fan of that fund family, and perhaps it is worth taking a chance on one or more of these funds -- but I suspect most folks here would be leery of trusting a single fund company with all their money (except for folks at the major players like Vanguard or Fidelity).

Whoa, hold on there... :-) I like 'em a lot, but also would not put all my money with one fund family.

Something I didn't mention in my post above was Mr. Montgomery's little brush with the SEC last year. I think that is something that anyone investing in Bridgeway funds should look at, and feel comfortable with first. I took a look at the post put together by Littlechap (in the next thread), and went back to see if anyone had addressed the issue last year. It was barely skated over. I would recommend going to the fund family's website and reading the settlement, as well as the letters against and Mr. Montgomery's response. Then you can make the determination as to whether this was an honest mistake or not.

As with all investments, it's your money. I know I would not invest my money without really looking into something first.

Ryan
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.