Skip to main content
Update
Non-financial boards have been closed.

Non-financial boards have been closed but will continue to be accessible in read-only form. If you're disappointed, we understand. Thank you for being an active participant in this community. We have more community features in development that we look forward to sharing soon.

Fool.com | The Motley Fool Community
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Has anyone seen the following behavior or can shed some light?

Until recently:

Run One step update to update all my account transactions (for accounts that I've signed up for such). Once this process starts a window pops up showing progress for each account. As the update completes successfully for each account the word 'Complete' pops up in a green colored text. The next window (Summary) pops up showing the accounts as updated.

Now:
Running the same process, a number of the account updates finish with the word 'Complete' in red test. There are no error messages. However, those accounts with 'red' do not appear in the summary of the update (the next window that pops up).

Suspecting the worst, if I open those accounts showing the 'red' Complete and run an update on just them, there are often transactions that are downloaded.

So now I have an automatic process as usual, then several manual updates as well.

What's going on?
Print the post Back To Top
horacekgl,

I run One Step update almost every day. We hav accounts that we download from Fidelity, Ally Bank, TIAA-CREF, and about 5-6 credit card accounts. We have not experienced the issue that you are seeing with your setup. Maybe it's a bank problem?

'38Packard
One 'problem' account is Chase. Another bank account is OK
The other problem account is Schwab.
All the credit card accounts are fine.

My next step is to 'break' the download instructions for Chase and then re-establish a new connection (as a test).
No. of Recommendations: 1
It would be helpful to those who might reply if you included information about your Quicken and Operating system.

I have a Mac computer and use the subscription version of Quicken. What you describe is not even close to what I see. So I conclude your system is not like mine.
One 'problem' account is Chase. Another bank account is OK
The other problem account is Schwab.

I currently use the macOS variant of Quicken. It's been a few years since I've used the Windows variant.

What you originally described sounds like a timing problem with Quicken aggregation server contacting the Chase and Schwab Express Web Connect servers.

The Quicken Community has a number of discussions regarding connection and download problems from both financial institutions. You might want to visit https://community.quicken.com for more information.
Sorry. Windows 10 running the latest version of Quicken, although I usually run this version on Linux via CrossOver. I know nothing about how Quicken looks/runs on a Mac. Don't know anyone with a Mac let alone anyone running Quicken on one to ask.

Communication issues between Quicken and the 'download' accounts are indeed common (once a week perhaps one account, usually Amex, will not download). This is recorded by Quicken as an error and usually corrects quickly with subsequent updates. This current issue is that I get no error; in fact, I get a message that indicates success -- except the success is written in red not green. The following summary screen only shows those accounts with the green 'complete' as being successful. The others (the red 'complete' ones) are absent -- not marked as errors. Those in fact did not download anything.

This being a holiday week (which means tons of work coming in to beat various deadlines) means I haven't had time to try anything new. I'm hoping that cancelling the link to the account and re-initiating it will solve the problem.

glh
Replying to my own post.

Fired Q up this morning and there was a Q program update to install. All is back to where it should be.
No. of Recommendations: 2
Just received this update:

Version R36.48 (Dec, 2021)
What's fixed
· Issues with account logins, deactivations, and reauthorizations related to Charles Schwab account migration.
· Issues displaying account balances in the register for some Charles Schwab and Capital One customers.
I was happy to see this and did the upgrade. Q is still not downloading Schwab investment account(s) updates. Really frustrating.
This whole Schwab thing has been a total fiasco. So frustrating.

Mark
RYR Home Fool
Just received another update (R36.56) to fix Schwab issues.

Looking at the release notes, the last 6 updates were to fix problems with Schwab accounts.
Yeah, I just received this update as well. Took 3-4 tries to open my file. Program just wouldn't respond. Fortunately it finally opened. I just love progress!