Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
One thing I don't understand about your site: why the anonymity?

Actually I have a lot of friends and relatives who read my site who know EXACTLY who I am.

As for everyone else, I shield much of my info because:

1) MrsDuck is a executive/director at a large Fortune 200 manufacturer. I don't want to jeopardize her career if it should be discovered that "Oh, you're married to that nutcase with the silly web site?".

2) Generally being protective of the Ducklings.

3) I do occasionally bash my current employer. Some of my co-workers are aware of my site, none of my managers are.

I may be paranoid, but I'd rather be safe than sorry.

I understand it would help to promote myself if I went totally public. But at the moment, I have more to lose than to gain if I disclosed too much. (MrsDuck would kill me anyway.) Besides, with anonymity, I can be as brash as I want and say more of what I think. Not that being an @$$hole is a good thing, but what I mean is I feel like I can spout off what's on my mind easier with anonymity and get my point across without overly worrying about repercussions.

Maybe if I make enough articles and get published (dreaming, dreaming...), then I'll let all the covers loose and hire a PR firm.

Duck!
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.