Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 2
One thing that no one has mentioned on this thread is security. The idea is that you use this kiosk to conduct essential business that you can't otherwise conduct.

But, I for one would let the business hang fire until I could get my laptop to a phone connection (usually at the motel) rather than do that. Why?

Because essential business usually involves secure accounts, and passwords. It may involve displaying sensitive data on the computer display.

This is a computer in a kiosk fer' crissakes. I don't know where it has been or who has been at it. Do you think for a moment that I am going to type in a password on that machine? Allow anything in the least bit sensitive to be downloaded to that machine? By doing so, I could very easily be handing the keys to the kingdom to the hacker who installed a keyboard logger and a trojan on the system.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.