Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 2
One thing that really struck me was the information on cats' behavior. In addition to being very efficient predators they are also prey animals. One side effect is that a cat will hide its ill health. It is betraying a weakness. I was somewhat aware of this, but the discussion was very good, and I really was touched by the emphasis that you are not being a poor caregiver if you did not know that your cat was ailing right away. (there are things you can look for)

I went through that with one of my kitties a few years ago. It broke my heart, and the emergency vet was truly obnoxious about it and acted like I was a terrible pet parent because I did not know she was so sick. When I brought her to my regular vet the next morning, she said it was not unusual to not know your kitty is sick until it's too late because they hide it so well.

Kathleen
(still miss my baby)
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.