Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
One thing to add to Pixy's response. Make sure that you report the nondeductible traditional IRA contributions on Form 8606, which you attach to your tax return. This establishes the previoussly-taxed basis in your IRA so that you won't be taxed again on that money when you begin distributions.

Phil Marti
Print the post  


What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.