No. of Recommendations: 0
One way it can be controlled to a point is to limit access to the account. Let the brother know you are doing this, have him sign the papers and limit everything to electronic delivery. Have any documents go to person A's address. Person A can then manage the account online, doing the investing. At the appropriate time, person A can turn over the account to the brother.

This would essentially be protecting the account by denying access. It can be circumvented by the brother contacting the broker, but I don't think anyone else would be able to do so. To make it legal, you can get the brother to sign a Limited Power of Attorney. I know of one investment manager who does something similar.
Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.