Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Anyone know of a simple online site to file your taxes that simply lets you plug in the numbers on a tax form. Similar to the PDF that you can get from the IRS website. I am tired of answering all these random questions that turbotax ask me as they slowly walk me through the process. After about an hour, I got frustrated with their process, downloaded the 3 forms I needed, and had them filled out in about 10 minutes. I just have to believe there is a site that doesn't hold your hand through then entire process, and lets you put in the numbers for yourself. Otherwise I will be filing by paper, which frankly I find ridiculous in this time and age.

Eric
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 2
I think that in turbo tax you can just go to the forms view and key the numbers into the forms directly.

Greg
hmm...do I have to buy the softwarefor the forms, or are they available on the website as well because I can't find them when I log in. thanks.

eric
I think that in turbo tax you can just go to the forms view and key the numbers into the forms directly.

That capability is there if you purchase the CD as I did for many years. This year however I decided to file online and could not find that option. It might be available and I simply did not search long enough.

Sandy
>>>>>That capability is there if you purchase the CD as I did for many years. This year however I decided to file online and could not find that option. It might be available and I simply did not search long enough.>>>>>

Direct access to the forms is not available in TT online version. It is on the download/CD version.

As a side note: This caused me quite a bit of consternation this year when I messed up an answer to one of the "simple" questions. TT online decided that I needed a particular form related to sale of a car used for both business and personal use filled out, and started it for me. Even after I realized my mistake, backed up and corrected my answer, the form hung around. When TT did the final check it pulled up ~10 "errors" on that form I fought for 30 min trying to make it drop it and finally just input some dummy answers. When I printed the return and checked over, I always do this prior to efiling, the form had been dropped and everything was ok.
Direct access to the forms is not available in TT online version. It is on the download/CD version.
OK, I wasn't sure about that. My daughter did her own taxes online this year, with the free-file service available thru the IRS site. And I was trying to coach her on a couple of things, and told her to just look at the forms, and she couldn't get to them. And the menu items for "Show my return", etc., didn't seem to be there.

Bill