Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Only packages 6 and 9 available at my dealer (Santa Barbara, CA). The salesman even told me that they are not making any base models period, which ticked me off. They advertise that $20,500 teaser price, and it's a load of $&)* because you can't get one anywhere.

He also told me they stopped production of them completely for a couple weeks in December and when I asked why he said "Because they are in such high demand". Huh? Anyway, I do like the car but I'm not hugely impressed with Toyota as a manufacturer/dealer.

As someone who's been on, off and back on the waiting list (long story), I would say you probably won't have to wait the full 6 months. The first time I was on the waiting list I was told it would be 2 months, and they had my exact car in 3 weeks. Unfortunately, something had come up and I was not in a good position to lay out the cash at that time, so I had to pass it up.

When I went back on the waiting list, I was initially told 6 months, then got an offer from someone to buy my current car so I called my salesman back a couple days later to plead my case to move up the waiting list and before I even had to do that he said he had a car for me if I wanted package 9 (which I don't) and that I should have my package 6 within a month.

So weirdnesses go on about the waiting lists--if you're flexible you shouldn't have to wait the full 6 months, and it may help your cause to call from time to time and keep your name fresh with them.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.