Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 4
Gawd, Maude, this is a lonely board between periods of The Feste Award when everyone wants to get into the act. Maybe everyone is off making sure their posts are sufficiently apt for the Award – not that this is my concern because my posting history is not that of determination in process – I place my chances at the award at the last moment in a flurry of posts appealing to TMF's better nature in having an encompassing award structure that includes posters such as I.

Let's get serious for a moment. The Feste Award is a means of recognition to a poster who has contributed, in substance, to the aims of TMF as in educating, amusing, and informing. Right there it says that The Feste Award should have three categories. GoofyHoofy posts material that decidedly educates and informs: I don't think I've read a post of his that I haven't learned something. But amusing? Sure, he'd be a smash at a Rotary luncheon piling on fact after fact but boffo? And I'm sure that he's a hoot at parties but amusing? Fascinating, sure; amusing, nope.

And this is sheer reason that The Feste Award have categories – apart from the reason that if it isn't I don't have a snowball's chance in Hell of getting it. I have proposed The Feste Award Third Class With Palm Clusters as a means of having The Award spread over more than those competent to receiving it. Not that TMF lower its standard but that it restates The Feste Award to include say Raggmopp and me.

Consider Raggmopp as an example of someone who could use The Feste Award.

Pause.

Well, let's chose another example. Me. Consider post http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid=18065061. Cuts through the morass and states, eloquently, a position and a stance. Is this not content? Is this not what TMF is founded upon? If not, then what?

I plead with all my fellow TMF posters that The Feste Award be divisional in that several Awards be awarded. Your post here, on this board, will ensure that TMF will consider it (ha!).

Vote Read for The Feste Award Third Class With Palm Cluster!

MichaelR

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.