Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
OOPs, I didn't read enough of your question so made a dumb answer regarding this in my first post. The other posts seem right on. I do know that if you are involved in the same status with more than one co. and use only your own office, phones, vehicles, etc. and have "clear" separation (different name, biz cards,etc.)from the contracting entity, it makes sense. Invoice the co. for services in your co. name for payment also rather than accept a payroll check & bill for detailed expenses by invoice just like any service may help if it comes to any problem and you can't afford to incorporate. Also read all the IRS rules as they change from time to time in this area.
There are acceptable types of independants. Good luck.
Print the post  


What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.