Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 1
OOweeyah! Dis is de quietest bunch of Cajuns I ever saw. Posted here about three or two weeks ago and noone even howdied me back.

Wan day in Church along about supper time MawMaw and PawPaw Thibodeaux come into de new fanciful McDonald eatery. Dey was dress up real nice, she had her Sunday dress on and he had on a white shirt and a little ole bow tie. She hold onto his arm real dainty-like all de way to de counter. Den he wait to give de girl his order and she go fin' a seat and sit herself down, ohya! All of de younger folk in de place look on dem and smile and dey know dat dese ole folks have come a long ways and always togedder.

PawPaw get his order and take out a little old-timey change purse and count out the money real careful like and put the extra back in. He den take de tray and carry it over to MawMaw. He set off de tray wan hamburger, wan medium fries and wan small Coca-Cola. He very carefully take out his pocketknife and cut in half de hamburger and put half on a napkin in front of MawMaw and half on himself's napkin. Den he carefully divide up the frenchfries and when he finish he take a little sip of de Coke. MawMaw she watch him and den she sip de Coke.

PawPaw pick up his half of de hamburger and very carefully start to eat. Everybody now begin to tink, ooh, dose nice people dey just got enough money, dat dey haf to split up wan meal for dem boths. A nice young Cajun man, about 26 or 25 year old come over very quietly and sit next to PawPaw and say, "Sir, I don' mean to be rude but if you and your lady would let me I would be glad to buy another meal for y'all. The Lord have blessed me and said that maybe I should also pass some on to my fellow Cajuns"

PawPaw look on him and smile and say, "I unnerstand what you are feelin. But it is ok, since me an MawMaw have been sharing everyting together for over 60 years now. We thank you for your nice gesture and you tell you Momma dat she raise you real good!"

As dat young man go back and sit wit his family, PawPaw finish wit his half of hamburger and den start to eat the frenchfries. Every once in a so often he take a lil tiny sip of Coke. When he sip the Coke MawMaw she would also take a sip of Coke but she don' touch her frenchfries or de hamburger. She just sit and watch PawPaw while he eat.

Again, de young man come over and say almost de same ting and dis time it was MawMaw who say on him, real nice dat she and PawPaw are being provided for by the Good Lord and dat she really appreciate what he say but dat what she and PawPaw have to share will do dem jus' fine.

At dat time de young man look at MawMaw and say, "I understand, dat after many years togedder, y'all share everyting, but how come you just sit dere all de time dat PawPaw eats and you don' touch a bite of you food?"

MawMaw look at him and say, "I have to wait for PawPaw to finish wit' de teeth!"
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.