Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
My wife was self-employed early last year and received a 1099-Misc. form for taxes. The rest of the year she was a regular employee (W-2) and opened a 457 plan for retirement. We've got to pay a lot of taxes on that portion of income from self-employment. Can we open up another retirement account like an SEP or Keogh to deduct it from our taxes? Any advice in the next three days would be appreciated ;)


I also posted this message on the retirement investing page.

Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.