Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
I do have to say that I am quite impressed with this message board. Being only 19, and sophmore in college...this, my first year in stock market has been quite profitable, and a great learning experience. One thing I have noticed is that the Motley Fools' message boards have a unique following. I have visited(in disgust) many other message boards regarding the stock market. None have come close to the knowledge and the respect that we all have for each other in here. I know that may sound really, really lame, but it's the truth. So many other message boards have people breaking out into arguments after every single post. Now I am not saying that some people don't go overboard in here, but I am guilty when it comes to the competition bug. I hate to be jumped on, I hate to be wrong, and I hate to lose...but the fact remains that it happens; even to the best of us! We are able to carry on at length conversations about Amazon and the stock market as a whole. Other than reading the Wall Street Journal everyday(which I do) and the Times, and so on, the Motley Fools' message boards can prove to be a great provider of knowledge; In saying that, I do however think that you must be careful about any information that you use from any boards. A perfect example was KMan's last post regarding the "factual" data on Amazon's future. Now I am not knocking you down(Kman) simply using it as an example. Doing your own research is the key to success in the stock market(with a little bit of lady luck, of course).

I just thought it was time to recognize this board for the great postings it has provided...A big thank you to the Bros. Gardner!

Keep the posts coming!

Sean
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.