Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
So I know this probably isn't the right place for this but I don't know where else to go:

In early July I received an email with an offer to renew early for a $200 discount which I took advantage of and my credit card on file was billed $854.93. However, this purchase apparently did not supersede my auto renewal which renewed my account on 8/3/20 and resulted in a charge of $1068.93 on the same card on file.

To be clear I was charged in total $1923.62 for 1 year.

So I called multiple times and no one ever answered. So I emailed fastlane support and got a response refunding me $200. I responded with my concern that that did not address my issue in full and recieved no response. I then emailed again with the following "I have been charged in total $1923.62 to renew my Options subscription (effective dates of 8/3/20 - 8/3/21). What you are proposing will still result in me paying $1723.62 for a 1 year subscription which is $700 more than annual fee. Please refund the full amount of $1068.93." To which support responded with a refund of $854.93 and CLOSED my account.

So here I am with a refund of $1068.93, still having paid $854.93 in July, and no Options account. And i have no faith that emailing support will solve my issue. All I would like is for my Options account to be restored!

Any suggestions?
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.