Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
ORA100: "I have two kids with minor accounts that I generated capital gains last year and they also had a long term capital gain carryover from previous years. I am filing 1040's for each of them and also have to file Form 8615 because they have over $1900 of Investment Income. We live in IL. Will I have to file IL taxes for the two kids?"

I know nothing about Illinois personal income tax, but I am very interested in learning about "capital gain carryoners" and how they work. Can you elaborate?

Regards, JAFO
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.