No. of Recommendations: 6
Alright, Mr. Greenspan is talking and I feel like the cat in the cartoon listening to his/her owner, "blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah".
The verbal fog is mind-numbing....I just want him to get to the point and say it in a concise manner.
Anyone else feel the same way, or am I unique? :)

Lou
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 1
Lou,

It may make you feel better to know that you're not alone:

http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid=15401960

bookgrrrl
No. of Recommendations: 2
Alan Greenspan is GREAT. No more drugs to help you sleep, just tape him and replay him when you want to nod off. Best yet it's nonhabit forming. Believe me, you won't put on that tape unless you really have to.

Gary
No. of Recommendations: 0
Hey thanks Bookgrrrl, that was a good link and I must say that persons oratory skills were on a par with Mr. Greenspan's. :::eyes glazing over:::

Thanks for the chuckle :)
Lou
No. of Recommendations: 1
A great link Bookgrrl.

There is even better post buried within the thread
Allan Greenspan's marriage proposal to Andrea Mitchell.

http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid=11757307

Andrea,

As emphasized in the important dalliances you and I have enjoyed for the past several quarters, an impressive proliferation of new affections is inducing major shifts in the underlying structure of our relationship. These fundamental changes appear to be far from complete. The intimacy of our communication, including the interaction among the members of our respective families, our social circles, and the various institutional players in our economy, is in the midst of a significant transformation, though the pace of change is unclear. As a consequence, many of the empirical regularities depicting the complex of interpersonal relationships on which I rely have been markedly altered.

If you read Woodward's Maestro you will find out that Greenspan believes talking the way he does is part of his job...