Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 15
Imagine the horror as my finger pressed the mouse today and triggered the buy order for EBAY.

I couldn't help myself, 6 times free cash flow, no debt, $3B+ cash, dominant online auction, paypal (more accounts than American Express), just bought competition Bill me Later, Half.com, Rent.com, Shopping.com, StubHub, Skype.

The little guy on my left shoulder, the one that still exults with pride for completely avoiding the dotcom meltdown, was absolutely disgusted with the choice and stands before you with shame.

The other little guy kept whispering in my ear "6 X FCF, huge margins, dominant position and network effect, internet sales may not fall off the cliff like Mr Market has concluded"
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.