No. of Recommendations: 199
Short version: !YAY!

Long version: Drove to Kentucky Sunday, to pick him up Monday. We stood around in the Air National Guard hangar (he is in Army Guard, but came in at the hangar) for about an hour. I was, of course, an absolute nervous wreck. Hand-wringing and all. MIL was calmer, #1 was bored and kept asking if Daddy was here yet and #2 decided that, due to the injustice of being left in the stroller, she would just take a nap until something interesting happened.

Finally, the plane taxied up and they started to unload. MIL saw him first, as she is taller. Hugs, kisses and tears for a while. #1 wouldn't let go of his Daddy, and #2 was a little shy, since the last time she saw him she was 2 weeks old (when he was on leave). She warmed up once she figured out That Man was paying an awful lot of attention to #1 and Mommy.

Stayed one more night in Kentucky, since it's such a long drive, then started home that morning. MIL drove until St. Louis, I drove the rest of the way. DH chatted with us, played with the kids, blah blah blah. We stopped in the little town 45 minutes outside of KC that his sister and nieces live in, and surprised the girls at Basketball and Color Guard practice. They were excited to see their Uncle Impolite after all this time.

Stayed home Wednesday so we could get some stuff done. We still need to locate a container of police stuff in storage – he hasn't found his boots or off-duty holster yet – but we've got about two weeks to do that. He wants to go back to work as soon as possible, so he starts Nov 16th on a day shift. He wanted a night shift, but I am more than thrilled he got days. It will be nice to have him home more.

We leave Saturday for a 4-day weekend without the kids in Vegas. He still doesn't know where we are going; he won't find out until we get to the airport.

I'm at work today (natch: where else would I find time to post from?), and it looks like they had loads of fun without me. Just thought I'd drop a quick note before I tried to dive in and fix stuff.

impolite
(!yay!)
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.